Tuesday 25 October 2011

October 25, 2011

It's been a while since I last wrote on here.  Given this, I'll write my most recent but small mod: Nokya Arctic White 7000k for DRLs/High Beams (size 9005, Stage 1 (65W).  I was supposed to tint before the start of school but I got side-tracked financially.

Anyway, I chose these bulbs because they are give a blue reflection in the headlights because of the blue overlay.  The light output however IS NOT BLUE.  It's a dim white.  They also cost only $20 retail; free for my case because of Swagbucks.  The install is very simple.  The instructions for changing the high beam bulbs is in the owner's manual.  Basically, what I did was for the passenger side, I removed the old bulb by twisting it clockwise and disconnecting the harness by depressing the clip.  Once that's done, replace it with one of the new bulbs.  Beware though, the rubber seal/ring may be too big in your new bulb resulting in the inability to lock the bulb in the housing.  Hence, just swap the rubber ring from your old one to new one.  It should work.  Reconnect the harness.

The driver side is similar.   However, there is the annoying coolant tank that is in the way.  Removing it is simple; just pull it up and set it aside.  There is no need to disconnect anything.  If it slightly leaks, its normal.  Once removed, you'll have access to the high beam bulb and repeat what you did in the passenger side.  Once finished, slide the coolant tank back in and test the lights. 

Make sure you do not touch the bulb with your bare hands as that shortens the life of it.  Also, make sure your bulbs have Nokya imprinted on the base of your bulbs.  Mine didn't but apparently the batch that I got didn't have it according to a reply from customer contact.  Real bulbs SHOULD have Nokya printed on the base of the bulb.

The overall satisfaction is about 8/10.  I do wish the bulbs were a tad brighter and more 7000k rather than 6000k.  The blue reflection is definitely noticeable during bright daylight.  Here are some pictures.

(Nokya Arctic Whites Packaging (Texbooks not included =) )
(Passenger Socket With Bulb)
(Coolant Tank Removed)


(Driver Side Socket With Bulb)
(Coolant Tank Before Removal)
(Stock Bulb with the Rubber Ring in the back)


(Finished Product: Notice the Blue Reflection)





6 comments:

  1. do you have pics of the blueness during the day time ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rocky,

    The last picture at the bottom shows a bit of the blue. I'll update pics when I have the chance. Today was rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great man great ideas i like it for my car and love it like a fan so your work is appreciate able and in the last i would like to thank you dear for sharing it with us so nicely honda civic hid kits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great blog ! I want to see some updates on your car now, seems like you haven't been modding ! Keep it up though !

    ReplyDelete
  5. RE Sir Adam: Thanks! Glad it inspires you!
    RE Jamal: Oh yea, definitely I'm still planning to mod. I bought a CF grill back in December but it didn't fit so now I am waiting for an exchange for Mugen visor replicas. I intend to wrap my chrome slab too in the next couple of weeks (after exams hopefully :) Keep checking for updates! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a lot of things planned for it. SLAM THAT BITCH !! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and give feedback!