Tuesday 22 February 2011

Reading Week!

I figured keeping track of days is confusing for me.  That doesn't mean I have short memory.. I just don't want to count the number of days since I bought the car.

Anyway, it's reading week, which means I have a week off from school.  This year's reading week was surprisingly relaxing.  Hence, I ordered some white LED plate lights and a dome lights from eBay for a total of $10.  I did not pay for the mods because of the awesome site called Swagbucks that gives you free money and Amazon GC.  Join it!  Rewards to Effort ratio is 10:1.  Nontheless, don't hate on eBay because they're not that bad.  Cheap, yet effective.  You just have to read the descriptions and buy from trusted sellers.  Even "professional" stores/sites get their products made in China.

So, at the end of the reading week, I've gotten my plate lights and installed them. :)  They are super duper bright.  If you wish to do a simple conversion for your Civic, get flanked ones.  They shine the light directly onto the plate for optimal output.  Enjoy!

Here's a little DIY guide should that be needed:

1. You will need one philips screw driver to remove the clips, 2 plate lights of course (168/194 bulbs)
(Philips Screwdriver, 2 platelights)
(Plate light: High Power Dual Flank LED White)
2. Open trunk and unscrew the clips that hold the inner trunk trim on the hatch itself.  There are 5-6 I think.  Basically they are self-tapping screws.  If you don't know where it is, the user manual will have all the details on how to change the bulbs.

(Self-Tapping Screws)

3. Unplug the white base holder by pressing the two sides and pull.  Take out the bulb and put the new one in.  It may be hard to pull out the old bulb but brute force will suffice.

(Just fits!  The dimensions I believe were 21mm in length and 10mm in width)
  4. Put the white holder back in to the slots.  It'll snap back into place.  Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other side.
(Finished Product!  I haven't had a chance to show the light output at night but will do in future!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and give feedback!